Saturday, September 7, 2019

AB gone and this season got a whole lot less interesting


Hmmm, indeed, Marquette. Hmmm indeed. It turns out the guy who did a bunch of weird shit in Pittsburgh to force his way out is still capable of doing weird shit and forcing his way out of places. Who could have possibly seen this coming? For those of you keeping score at home, Jon Gruden has now traded 2 third round picks and a fifth round pick to the Steelers for two washout receivers. This is the Gruden Experience. His greatest achievement in the NFL remains using the team Tony Dungy built to beat the team he himself built to win a Super Bowl. What a genius! Just wait until he starts drafting QBs. It's gonna be tight.

Was cutting AB the right move? I mean, I guess. He didn't cost them a single dime since his fine voided his guaranteed money and his signing bonus was split into two incentives he didn't meet, so from a business standpoint it was the smart thing to do. But if it were me, I would've gone full vindictive dick mode and suspended him. Then when he refused to show I would've suspended and fined him again. Same result only with the added bonus of him not signing with the Pats or Chiefs or wherever the hell he ends up. But what is done is done.

So who do I ultimately blame for all this? As hard as it is for me to say this, I don't lay all the blame on Gruden. He's basically what happens when you let a Yorkie run a football team, and I was raised to blame the dog owner for the actions of the dog. Even then, I don't blame Mark Davis because I'm fairly certain he doesn't know who Antonio Brown is or that he was on his football team. I don't really blame Mike Mayock, although fining a dude for calling you a "cracker" is some soft ass shit. If you think the word cracker is anywhere near as offensive as the N Word, you're an idiot. An absolute, certifiable idiot. Get back to me when the word cracker has centuries of brutal oppression behind it. No, at the end of the day I place all the blame on Derek Carr. He couldn't find the right Bible verse to save the day and his thoughts and prayers didn't work.

God is watching you, Derek. And he's not pleased.